Thursday, October 3, 2013

Greetings, Guys and Dolls!  I was feeling rather sentimental after reading J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them.  So, I thought I might as well keep up the good vibes.  I finished Rowling's The Tales of Beedle the Bard in about an hour.  It is approximately 109 pages of folklore fit for the wizarding world.

The featured stories are supposed bedtime fables.  The fashion in which they are written is similar to that of the Grimm Brothers.  After each fable, there is commentary by Albus Dumbledore.  It is a fun and simple read.  Any Harry Potter fan will love it.

I don't want to regurgitate the same post as yesterday.  This book was more entertaining than Fantastic Beasts, and a much smoother read.  It would make f great bedtime stories.  Just break it up into a different fable each night.

You are probably already tired of me reading Rowling.  Let me assure you that my taste in literature is vast.  I can never decided which I'm going to read ahead of time.  It is always spontaneous.  Although, I will attempt to read books I haven't already read, I might not stick to that statement.  Sometimes, I may feel like rereading a book, and that is just fine.  It's a sign of a damn good book if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment